Service Desk Level 2/Firewall Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Service Desk Level 2
Reports to: Director of Operations
Network Engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience that has strong firewall, IP Networking and VPN skills. Candidates will be part of the Viking Cloud Engineering team completing customer implementations and providing ongoing customer support. They will need experience with Fortinet and Cisco Meraki (required) and other major firewalls including Checkpoint, Juniper, and good customer relations skills.
· Maintaining and implementing SIEM solution throughout product set
· Working w/SIEM Vendor to ensure reliability.
· Firewall implementation and support
· Installing Viking Cloud Managed Network Solutions including Fortinet firewalls
· Making changes to Viking Cloud firewalls in support of customers’ needs
· Solving technical customer issues in the area of firewalls, filtering, IP networking, routing, VPNs and application connectivity
· Respond to firewall/network issues on a rotation on-call basis. This will, depending on the situation, may require work outside the traditional work hours, including weekends and holidays and will require carrying and responding to a cell phone or other contact device as determined by management.
· Monitor performance, capacity, and availability of the firewalls on an ongoing basis. Recommend improvements in technologies and practices to increase metrics
· Maintain awareness of and familiarity with trends and new developments in technologies used in or appropriate for use in firewall support and operating infrastructure.
· Work with other technical staff to develop firewall architectures, technologies and quality assurance policies and procedures.
· Deliver better than agreed customer SLAs.
· Firewall and VPN Management
· Perform incident, problem and change management process for firewalls according to ITIL standards.
· Improve customer satisfaction metric, through stable transparent service.
· Continuous Improvement.
· Assist in training and development of internal resources
· Create relevant documentation for new issues
· Assist in the development, approval and maintenance of knowledge base articles
· 3-5 years’ experience in Information Technology with specific knowledge in IT firewall, IP Networking and VPN
· Hands-on experience with Fortinet and Cisco firewalls
· Knowledge and experience with network protocols and concepts including: SSH, FTP, ICMP, TCPIP (IPv4 &IPv6), Network Address Translation (NAT), SNMP, IPSec, GRE, QoS and VLANs.
· Ability to interpret output from network traffic analysis tools such as Ethereal (Wireshark)
· Effective interpersonal and consulting skills to be used to align customer needs to tactical and strategic solutions.
· Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic team environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary for clear client communication, definition of scope, project deliverables, appropriate system documentation and client communication.
· Documentation (Excel & Visio)
· Must have professional demeanor and ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
· DEGREE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent experience
VikingCloud provides end-to-end security and compliance solutions to businesses all around the globe, delivering cutting-edge ways to secure networks, maintain compliance, and complete assurance testing and assessments. Almost 5 million merchants use its award-winning platform through partnerships with many of the world’s leading acquirers and payment service providers. VikingCloud also works with many of the world’s largest brands helping them proactively manage ever-changing cyber threats and business risk. VikingCloud’s Asgard PlatformTM processes billions of security events daily, providing real-time intelligence access to an organization’s cyber risk landscape. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, with operations in the United States, India, Poland, the United Kingdom, and South Africa, VikingCloud has clients in more than 100 countries worldwide and employs over 1,000 people globally.
Viking Cloud, Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Viking Cloud, Inc
Get fresh Director Service DESK jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.