Human Resources Generalist
- Posted: over a month ago
Paul Davis Restoration of Central Florida is looking for a Human Resources generalist to recruit, train, and on-board all future employees of the company as well as manage the company’s relationship with all current employees. You will serve as the onsite liaison between management and employees at both locations with regards to all HR functions, employee conflicts, issues and questions, and any other general human resources duties.
- Post jobs to commercial job boards, recruit and onboard staff, and orientate all new hires according to the Paul Davis Corporate guidelines.
- Coordinate applicant drug screens, conduct reference checks, background checks, and social security number verification. Maintain applicant flow, drug screen, orientation and transfer request logs.
- Create and maintain new hire and personnel files and enter them into Human Resources Information Systems. Assist with orientation of new employees. Monitor all hiring and recruitment processes for compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and company policies and standards.
- Ability to process bi-weekly payroll at each location when needed. Knowledge of QuickBooks Payroll, keying and posting time entries, and managing time clock corrections.
- Monitor and assist managers/supervisors with hiring processes and issues.
- Create and maintain filing systems.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, I-9's). Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Generate Human Resources data reports as necessary.
- Report and coordinate all leave of absence or workers comp leaves while maintaining and updating employee records and data.
- Support management and the leadership team by handling and resolving Human Resources issues.
- Support management and the leadership team by handling and resolving issues surrounding employee relations.
- Serve as Human Resources subject matter expert and participate on project teams.
- Train new hires on Human Resources processes, programs, policies, information systems, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; conduct 30 day check-ins; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Administer any employee reward and recognition programs.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Leadership Team.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other associated field.
- Prior HR experience required with basic working knowledge of HR Management Principles (e.g., Wage and Hour Laws, EEO, Leave Administration, FMLA, ADA, Work Comp, OSHA, Benefits Administration, etc.).
- Prior experience in recruiting and on-boarding new hires required.
- Must be PC proficient with basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Computer Programs and Internet-based applications required, with experience multitasking between programs and systems simultaneously on dual computer monitors.
- Experience with online job boards and recruiting websites
- Professional Certification in HR
- Experience with multi-location companies
- Human Resources Management: 1 Year (required)
- Recruiting and On-boarding: 1 Year (required)
- Time Entry Management and Payroll: 1 Year (preferred)
- QuickBooks Payroll: 1 Year (preferred)
Paul Davis Restoration of Central Florida
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?