Outside Sales Representative
- Expired: May 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We love the energy of your competitive spirit
If you see roadblocks as mere challenges and competitors as benchmarks to beat, we share your desire to win. Your creative drive to beat the competition — and beat your own past performance — is applauded and rewarded here. Your "can-do" attitude is what keeps our organization charging ahead. If our approach to business energizes you, beat the competition and apply now!
Develop new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales utilizing knowledge of core customers and Core & Main product line. Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core industries and emerging industries and markets; responsible for prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customer. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Conducts on-site customer visits with new and existing customers. Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Forecasts, prospects, and bids for new business to include customers, markets, and additional service opportunities.
- Maintains existing and builds new customer partnerships. Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partnerships.
- Partners with customers, vendors, Credit, and A/R to quickly resolve customer service issues.
- Identifies customer products needs and coordinates execution of orders.
- May conduct negotiations with suppliers, vendors and manufacturers.
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience selling in an inside sales environment and demonstrated success working with customers.
Experience with inventory sales.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills desired.
When support counts, count on us
It’s no wonder that our employees give everything they’ve got— constructive support is motivational! We let you know that we value your contributions through financial rewards and excellent benefits in an environment of cooperation. Teammates from diverse personal backgrounds feel welcomed, included, respected and appreciated for the talents and unique perspectives they contribute. Opportunity is waiting for all. The first step is now — when we appreciate the fact that you’ve applied!
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is responsible for making sure our nation’s infrastructure has good bones; we help channel water to keep you healthy and safe. From waterworks to fire protection products, we deliver dependable expertise to build strong relationships and strong communities.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov
Core & Main
BusinessView all jobs at Core & Main