Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a leading nationwide specialty retailer of products for the home. These products, representing seven distinct merchandise strategies - Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBTeen, West Elm, Mark & Graham, and Rejuvenation - are marketed through over 600 stores, eight mail-order catalogs and seven e-commerce websites.
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business
The Williams-Sonoma Supply Chain Engineering organization is seeking a Senior Software Engineering Manager who can drive quite a bit of transformation in the supply chain technology space.
About the Role
In the role of Senior Engineering Manager, you will be leading the Engineering delivery teams in the Order Management domain. You will be able to apply your strong technical skills to find innovative solutions to problems, thinking outside the box with strong engineering principles in mind. The Senior Engineering Manager is responsible for leading multiple engineering teams that involve front end, back end, and quality engineers. This position is responsible for the design and development of several business initiatives in the areas of Direct-to-Customer Order Management, Fulfillment, Returns, Replacements, and Care Center applications. You will also work with cross-functional leaders/architects in the areas of eCommerce, Merchandising, Logistics, Finance, etc. to deliver high-quality solutions.
You will own:
- More than one scrum team that delivers technology solutions in the areas of order management, fulfillment, returns and care center applications
- Performance, quality, and stability of the technology platforms and solutions under your responsibility You will be hands-on in designing and defining new features.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Work with Product, business, PMO and operations to ensure the team priorities are correct, have a plan in place to deliver them on time and under budget
- Participate in daily scrum calls to ensure the team is on track and resolve any blockers
- Lead team to achieve the release milestones and 100% release accuracy
- Perform code reviews and ensure the deliveries are in high quality
- Provide Level 3 support for any production incidents
- Actively contribute to product road map and technology solution design
- Ability to zoom-in when the team needs your help. Be the expert leading experts.
As a leader, you are expected to:
- Leverage subject matter expertise to drive architecture, decisions, and innovation
- Build high-performance teams by coaching, mentoring, and upskilling.
- Manage the hiring, training, motivating, and retaining top talent
- Regular 1:1, OKRs and performance management for the full-time resources
- You will be a member of the Engineering leadership in setting and executing strategies for the team.
- You will be estimating development efforts, performing resource allocation and planning implementations and system rollouts
- 4 years of leadership experience in leading multiple engineering teams.
- IT experience 10+ years ideally gained through progressively responsible roles in the engineering organization.
- Coaching, mentoring, and performance evaluation experience is key for this role.
- Experience in building and managing large scale technology platforms that are scalable, resilient and robust
- Must have an engineering background in one of the following areas
- Backend: Spring Framework, Java, Spring Boot, Microservices
- Solid technical understanding and proven ability to leverage technology to meet business objectives.
- Experience in working with Databases (RDMS, NoSQL, Graph), executing Disaster Recovery, and building secure technology solutions
- Must be hands-on, analytical, and problem solver.
- Experience in planning/allocation/forecast/budgeting for the resources and teams
Nice to have:
- Retail background and Sterling OMS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- A Master's degree is highly desired.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking the initiative
- We have fun!
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family, and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Quarterly sample sales
- A business casual work environment
- Time off to volunteer
- Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
- Company-sponsored walks and runs
- Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
Ability to perform work onsite in the (San Francisco, Rocklin, Portland, New York, San Jose) office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.