Senior Property Manager/Director of Property Management
Direct Hire; up to $130K
· Serve as the primary point of contact with clients (either property owner or asset manager) to ensure client satisfaction and that property objectives are being achieved.
· Facilitate tenant relations.
· New tenant coordination (e.g., finish-out and signage approval, processing TI allowances, commencing new tenant lease terms, etc.).
· Rent collection; oversee the monthly review of A/R and tenant ledgers and ensure timely distribution of late letters for all outstanding balances.
· Responsible for bidding out annual contracts with assistance from Operations Managers (OM). Oversee the drafting of service agreements and contracts. Supervise and work closely with the OM in collecting and approving bids for all repair work. Work with the OM to manage all vendor relationships and ensure all contract requirements are being met.
· Overall responsibility for general maintenance of all shopping centers, with frequent visits with the OM to survey for general repairs and maintenance items and approving all pertinent proposals within budget parameters.
· Approve and code all invoices before submitting to A/P for payment.
· Oversee all vendor and tenant insurance compliance, with assistance from property management staff and third-party insurance tracking company.
· Report monthly to ownership on financial performance of property, with explanation of all budget variances, project status updates, tenant health, accounts receivables, tenant issues, leasing updates, etc.
· Reforecast annual budgets for all properties.
· Ensure that properties are operating within budget.
· Oversee all capital projects with assistance of the OM.
· Distribute all tenant account reconciliations by close of 1st quarter annually. In
addition, responsibility for all tenant inquiries regarding account reconciliations, and coordinate with property accountant for clarification on any disputed items to ensure balances are collected in a timely fashion.
· Responsible for coordinating with tax consultants, supplying all documentation and anecdotal information to assist in appeal process.
· Oversee Assistant Property Manager who has multiple responsibilities including fielding all tenant communications regarding repairs and maintenance, tenant requests, questions, complaints, accounting procedures, balances, account reconciliations, etc.
· General lease administration.
· Assist in oversight of property management staff including two (2) Property Managers, one (1) Assistant Property Manager, two (2) OM’s and one (1) office support staff member.
· Other duties as required.
· Hold a 4-year degree with a BBA or BS in business from an accredited college or university.
· Hold the designation of Certified Property Manager (CPM).
· Not less than 5 years’ experience in commercial RETAIL property management.
· Proven experience in management of high-quality institutional-owned assets.
· Experience in managing operations managers / building engineers, assistant property managers and administrative staff.
· Candidate must be well-spoken and have excellent writing skills with the ability and experience to compose professional correspondence.
· Experienced and comfortable utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe, with Yardi and MRI experience mandatory.
· Experience building operating budgets for commercial properties.
· Experience with financial reporting to institutional landlords and clients (comfortable with income statements, variance reports, tracking A/R, tracking and analyzing tenant sales, etc.)
· Must be a team player.
· Must have a proven ability to multi-task and follow through on projects to ensure all open items are completely resolved.
· Proven customer and client services skills.
· Attention to detail.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Salary depending on experience.
· Medical and dental insurance.
· 401(k) after one year of continual employment.
To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com