IT Support Specialist I
- Posted: over a month ago
ZGF is seeking an IT Support Specialist I to join our firm-wide Technology Group promoting and supporting technology and applications in our Portland, OR office. We are looking for talented and motivated people with excellent technical skills.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will…
- Maintain desktop security through management of anti-virus, anti-spyware and any other client-based security systems
- Enforce ZGF electronic user security practices.
- Promote ZGF Technology initiatives.
- Manage updates of application and operating system updates and patches locally or via centralized systems like Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager
- Configure, deploy and maintain desktop and laptop computers
- Manage computer lease returns and dispersal of newly leased machines
- Support use of virtual desktop and application environments using systems like VMware Horizon or Microsoft Remote Desktop Session Host
- Orient new employees to general Information Technology environment
- Respond to and resolve general hardware and software issues
- Perform user account creation and rights assignments
- Configure and deploy telephones and voicemail
- Track and manage loaner laptops, tablets and other loaner equipment
- Support and troubleshoot ZGF mobile computing devices such as corporate cell phones and tablets.
- Troubleshoot general printer issues
- Create documentation as appropriate for ZGF programs and procedures and maintain that documentation, as necessary.
- Work with other technology staff in the completion of technology projects
- Continue to learn and improve technology knowledge and skills.
- 1-3 years' experience in an equivalent role
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s degree desired
- CompTIA A+ and N+ Certification or equivalent experience/coursework desired
- Willingness to work physical in the ZGF Portland, OR office for at least 50% of the time required
- Windows troubleshooting skills
- knowledge of office productivity applications
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous requests and multiple responsibilities
- Ability to respond to support requests quickly
- Comfortable working in an environment characterized by frequent and continuous change
- Ability to respond to changes via adaptation and growth
- Energetic attitude, ability to work in a team with the ability to take initiative when necessary
- Ability to manage assigned tickets and tasks in a responsible manner
- Strong desire to learn and improve technical skills and knowledge
- Basic understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy as it relates to PC management
- Familiarity with PowerShell and WMI
- Familiarity with enterprise class collaboration tools (MS Teams, Zoom, Gotomeeting, Webex)
- Familiarity with remote support tools
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Microsoft MECM, Cloud licensing, Single Sign On, Multi-Factor Authentication, and Windows Hello for Business.
- Familiarity with virtualization concepts including application virtualization and desktop virtualization (VDI).
- Ability to troubleshoot and understanding of VOIP hardware and infrastructure
- Familiarity with video conferencing technologies.
- Ability to use a corporate ticket system.
- Ability to deal with issues in a variety of methods: in person, by phone, via email, instant message or through ticketing system.
- Cover Letter
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter and resume.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at ZGF Architects