Sales Associate #1304
Wismettac Asian Foods Inc Honolulu, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
The mission of the Sales Associate is to establish, maintain, and develop business, social, and civic relations with customers.
Success in this position is measured by having a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and superb interpersonal skills to meet short- and long-range sales objectives. All objectives will be achieved by maintaining existing customers in their assigned area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Travel to customers and potential customer’s facilities providing them with information and support as required to secure and maintain business
- Establish, maintain, and develop business, social and civic relationships with customers in the assigned territory to the objectives of maximum profitability
- Responsible for selling Wismettac products to all customers in the assigned territory
- Cooperate with accounting department to assure the collection of account receivable due
- Evaluate territory performance against established objectives/ guidelines (sale forecast, budget, number of new accounts, gross margin, etc.) and take appropriate action to improve performance
- Grow business by anticipating customer needs, determining appropriate solutions to business problems, and providing an overall high level of customer service
- Communicate plans to merchandisers and effectively manage resources to support sales volume on the territory
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathering through field activity to appropriate company staff
- Assist in establishing sales objectives for territory in cooperation with sales manager
- Assist in developing a territory coverage plan which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals.
- Cooperate with assigned inside customer service personnel, sales assistant and/or office clerks to achieve territory sales goals
- Provide timely reporting of activities in the field to assist in business and product planning
- Submits sales activity reports and other reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Japanese / English bilingual required
Education/ Experience/ Training: High School Degree / GED; 1-2 years of sales experience in the Asian food industry is desired; Familiarity with Wismettac products and services; Basic computer skills, including familiarity with word processing software; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Have a valid drivers license
Knowledge/ Skills/ Ability:
- Knowledge in Microsoft application (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with the sales staff, management and clients
- Strong communication and conversation skills
- Ability to be cooperative and able to work as part of a team
- Ability to verify, drafts, and update database quickly and accurately
- Ability to travel to customer’s location
- Ability to learn Oracle ERP software
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under various time constraints
- Ability to perform his or her job responsibilities as the workload fluctuates; multitask and keep projects progressing simultaneously
- Ability to be outgoing, courteous, genuine and approachable
- Ability to be self-confident and mature, with a positive attitude and approach to work
Pre-employment Drug testing required.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
Please note those individuals submitting resumes online are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application is completed, usually at the time of interview.
Wismettac Asian Foods Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Wismettac Asian Foods Inc