Summary of Job : Provide food and beverage services to members and guests. Under supervision of the Clubhouse Manager, work to prepare dining room and back of the house area for service. All areas are kept clean and immaculate. The server will welcome guests and attend to their every need. Product knowledge is essential and must know all aspects of the menu and beverage offerings. Assist in monitoring the guests' needs and in all phases of the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide first-class service to all members and guests that exceeds their expectations;
• Perform pre- and post-work shift duties; set up side station and perform side work;
• Provide immediate attention to all members and guests upon seating;
• Distribute menus; take beverage orders; place order with the Bartender or fill order;
• Advise diners of any menu specials or changes; suggest menu items and answer questions about menu items;
• Take food orders and place them with the kitchen staff; inform cook of any special cooking instructions;
• Check back often to ensure members’/guests’ satisfaction, keep beverages topped off;
• Assemble food on tray and serves the meal, placing dishes in front of each person;
• Remove plates when empty or finished; remove empty glasses; clean tables;
• Suggest and serve dessert, coffee and after-dinner drinks;
• Consistently follows all revenue control procedures;
• Verifies accuracy of prices, taxes, tips and other charges on all bills; presents bills to members/guests;
• Handles all cash, credit card and member charges per standard operating procedures;
• Keeps assigned tables, lounge and bus station and other areas clean ;
• Advises supervisor of complaints as soon as they occur;
• Consistently complies with all state, local and club laws/policies relating to the service of alcohol;
• Attends pre- and post-meetings as required;
• Turns in signed End of Shift Report;
• Maintain knowledge of scheduled daily activities, reservations, special events;
• Maintain knowledge of all food and beverage outlet hours, policies, and menu items;
• Maintain proper dress code at all times; wear name badge ever day; arrive promptly;
• All other duties as assigned by the Clubhouse Manager.
Special Requirements (if any):
• Ability to communicate with proper grammar in English and to provide legible communication;
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations;
• Some experience in similar position dealing with the general public;
• Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcohol;
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, paying attention to detail;
• Ability to bend, stretch, reach;
• High standards of integrity and reliability;
• Excellent inter-personal skills.
- PTO and may more employee perks!!
Interested applicants should apply online; no phone calls please.
San Jose Country Club is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- private dining serving experience: 1 year
San Jose Country Club
Why Work Here?San Jose Country Club is a private gathering place for our families and guests who cherish and share high quality lifestyle standards. We are a Country Club inspired by our rich tradition, and are committed to delivering impeccable personalized service and offering excellent facilities and innovative programs which support our members' interest in golf, tennis, fitness, dining, social and other family activities.
Great working environment