Director of Information Technology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Johanson Technology is seeking a Director of IT to report to the CEO of an international electronic component manufacturer. The position will support a multi-site manufacturing business including technology project implementations, applications development, and support in a fast-paced global company. The Director will manage the company's business and operational systems, infrastructure, security, and technical/user support services. The successful candidate will oversee direct reports, contractors and 3rd party partners and will be responsible to deliver world class technology and services that meet Johnson's business needs. As a team leader, the Director will have excellent communication skills both oral and written and possess the ability to motivate, mentor and develop employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop the overall strategic direction of systems and IT operations that aligns with the business goals and needs
- Create plans, budgets and timeline on technology needs and present recommendations to business decision makers
- Project manage, monitor, report timely delivery on strategic projects
- Implement digital transformation utilizing industry/systems best practices and organizational change management to minimize impact to the business
- Defines end user technology requirements by working with business sponsors and key users ensuring requirements deliver a value creation business outcome.
- Use those requirements to draft detailed technical specifications ranging from simple, approved changes to complex process map specifications for review and approval
- Responsible for the success of software implementations and ongoing support
- Maintain company hardware and software programs
- Be the leader and main point of contact for the ERP project, acting as a liaison and provide various department heads weekly or monthly updates that is related to the ERP project
- Provide support, direction, and mentorship in tech support
- Establish best practice model for Technical Assistance Center to Ensure that customer issues are addressed in an efficient and timely manner, and engaging or informing appropriate Organization Management, as required
- Manage and facilitate meetings to drive decisions and ensure teams are improving performance, service, and product quality
- Ensure 100% compliance with ITAR, - and DFARs, CTPAD and adherence to federal technology requirements for security
- Establish Cyber Security governance to ensure proactively addressing patches, fixes, monitoring and controls. Identifying risks and proactively implementing solutions to mitigate risks.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive collaborative relationship across Global IT and with all business departments
- Analyze requests quickly to determine integration / interfaces with other modules/systems to assess impact and quickly determine best approach. Provide realistic timelines based on current workload.
- Create presentations and present to leadership
- Research, implement and maintain best practices in Technical Assistance Center
- Track and report on outages to the customer and Organization Management
- Schedule and manager Hardware and Software purchases, installation & support
- Ensure that all legal requirements pertaining to software and software licenses are adhered to and that no illegal software is being used in the company
- Ensure that computer software licenses are kept and suitably filed
- Ensure that a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plan for the company is written, verified, and revised as needed
- Ensure that all systems are physically secure, protected and regularly backed up and backups are secure
- Ability to drive a Continuous Improvement culture and focus
- Assist in identifying software vendors in the direct marketplace and other industries
- Conduct product technical evaluations
- Design technical solutions including integrations
- Manage and present product and support scorecards and KPIs
- Become an applications and product subject matter expert
- Manage key vendor relationships, product development, invoicing, and escalations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience migrating to and managing cloud environments
- Experience implementing API integrations
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle conflict resolution - across internal Organization and Customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill (English)
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to utilize technology to add efficiency to processes, productivity and reduce cost
- Ability to influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- This position has several direct reports
- Is responsible for test troubleshooting and production training
- Requires the creation of detailed written procedures explaining various processes and then the subsequent training of personnel per these procedures.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONFIDENTIALITY This position requires confidentiality; the company has many Non-Disclosure Agreements with customers who require confidentiality and occasionally this position will work with ITAR controlled documents. As such, US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
Work Environment This job operates and provides support in an office and manufacturing environment. 10% of the time or less, the IT Director will be traveling to our various locations, both domestic and international.
Physical AND MENTAL Demands · This position requires independent thinking and decision-making.
- This position requires creativity
- Daily prioritization will be required.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions.
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions.
- Free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives.
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks with little predictability as to their occurrence.
- Relates sensitive information to diverse groups
- Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on complex issues.
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks.
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time exempt position. Forty or more (40+) hours within a workweek.
TRAVEL · Occasional travel (5%) to the Johanson Mexico facility is expected for this position. Other travel may include customer(s) or supplier(s) visit both domestic and international.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Proven IT solutions delivery experience (min 7 years) with a proven progression through IT Management
- Experience in applications development and/or packaged software implementation (ERP, MES, CRM, etc.)
- Experience managing a Dynamics 365 ERP system in a medium to large enterprise size
- Experience of managing an IT Infrastructure made up of various type of Windows OS, such as 2003/2008/2012/2016 and newer.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience of Digital Transformation and innovation within Manufacturing
- Experience with Data Warehouse technologies and reporting tools
- Experience in delivering customer-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Experience of managing Global IT Partners in delivering critical services and significant project delivery
Johanson Technology Inc., and Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that all prospective and current employees are treated equally without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Get fresh Director of IT Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!