Clinton Investment Management has an opportunity for a Municipal Research Analyst who will gather, organize, analyze, and present relevant data in order to evaluate municipal credit risk for $1 billion of municipal assets under management. The analyst articulates to portfolio managers and clients the philosophy and viewpoints utilized in managing municipal credit risk in various types of strategies and portfolios, spanning sectors and across the risk spectrum. The analyst will also maintain information systems to accurately reflect current opinions regarding approved debt issuers.
- Performs fundamental credit analysis for a complex portfolio of municipal issuers across the risk spectrum, including high yield.
- Recommends, through written and verbal communication, suitability of municipal credits for individual portfolios and commingled funds.
- Contributes to the advancement of the municipal research team though forward looking credit analysis, development and maintenance of models, advancement of team strategies, and strong communication with internal and external parties.
- Establishes communication links with internal team members and portfolio managers as well as outside rating agencies, broker/dealer community and other industry players.
- Ensures that portfolio control systems are maintained and updated on a continuous basis, and that assigned municipal credits and sectors are reviewed, analyzed, and documented to fulfill internal/external regulatory requirements.
- Performs special analysis projects and supports Municipal Research team.
- At least three to five years municipal fixed income related financial analysis experience
- Strong, demonstrated interest in municipal financing and analysis
- A high level of intellectual curiosity, independent thinking and self-direction
- Time management, organizational skills and efficiency
- Advanced quantitative skills and the ability to navigate complex data systems
- Knowledge of and interest in economic, political, and legal conditions and their impact on the financial profile of municipal entities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate the assessment of risk into well-reasoned investment opinions
- Prior experience in municipal credit analysis (i.e. buy side, sell side, financial guaranty, rating agency, issuer) or related field
- Advanced degree in business, public administration or related field
- Progress toward the CFA
- Experience in charter school, healthcare, ccrc, transportation, and higher ed sectors
- High yield experience
Clinton Investment Management, LLCClinton Investment Management specializes in the professional management of municipal bond portfolios on behalf of High-Net-Worth, Ultra-high-Net-Worth, and Institutional investors. Our firm's goal is to be a top provider of municipal bond investment solutions to our clients by offering world class portfolio management, superior value-added thought leadership, and preeminent client service for our advisors and investors.