- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Designer will perform a variety of space planning and interior design functions for smaller office furniture related projects and assist other Senior Designers in larger projects, gradually working on projects of increasing complexity. Various office furniture and ancillary product knowledge, especially Herman Miller, is developed. In addition, Workplace Resource design processes and procedures are trained.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Designer is responsible for the following results:
- Works in collaboration with the sales department to establish the client's design requirements, goals, and directions of the project; Recommends design solutions, provides value engineering, and evaluates orders and proposals to determine feasibility of producing design.
- Obtains the necessary information and approvals from various departments to make design decisions through constant communication with team members.
- Prepares sales presentation package which may include sketches, renderings, drawings, cost estimates and sample boards.
- Develops furniture block plan/space plan, fabric/finish palette, final furniture specs and installation drawings in a timely manner that fits the customer’s needs.
- Creates specifications per client need using applicable technology and gathers the required information from vendors and vendor quotes. Utilizes planning guides and price books to ensure accurate specifications.
- Performs field measures, product inventory, programming, specification verifications, and ancillary product research.
- Reviews required modifications and produces revised drawings/specifications.
- Ensures design plans are code compliant.
- Manages projects, plans, and work activities against tight deadlines and departmental priorities while showing the agility to adjust to changes as needed to support the business and achieve company and the customers’ goals.
- Develops and maintain relationships with the team members and customers.
- Maintains adequate error ratio on all design projects.
- Contributes to process and product improvements by making suggestions and implementing changes.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as needed.
- May work with a Senior Designer in a support role/production role.
- May be part of Double Check Team. If part of team, Designer would prioritize double checks for fellow designers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
· Proven success in a similar role within the office furniture industry.
· Demonstrates technical credibility and professional proficiency, having depth of judgment, knowledge and technical skill important for the position.
· Proficient with working with a client/A&D firm to determine the client's needs and translate those needs into a floor plan; initiating creative ideas for alternative solutions, identifying the client's actual needs and giving them the best possible options.
· Adept in the design process to organize workflow.
· Demonstrates client focus by providing excellent service and satisfaction to both internal and external clients; understanding the client's business issues and/or seeks information about the real, underlying needs of the client beyond those initially expressed.
· Exhibits an understanding of a variety of office furniture systems and seating vocabulary as well as ancillary lines and fabric vendors.
· Proven to consistently and accurately apply design drawing and documentation standards.
· Successfully manages workload by being able to transition easily between tasks, responding quickly and efficiently to work requests, handling competing priorities and urgent situations, making sound decisions within short timeframes and taking appropriate action.
· Possess solid time management skills, being able to allocate time for planning and assigning priorities to tasks in an efficient manner.
· Able to effectively problem solve by identifying the existence and probable cause of a problem; brainstorm potential solutions and collaborate with key people involved in evaluating solutions to the problem.
· Effective communicator verbally and in written form, in both formal in informal situations as well as demonstrates the ability to listen well to others and clarify the message to ensure understanding.
· Demonstrates detail orientation and understands the importance of doing quality work and adhering to the standards to prevent errors.
· Modeling a culture of involvement that includes:
· Relationships: Placing a high priority on developing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships among each other, our customers, and our community.
· Inspired Thinking: Valuing curiosity, creativity, and talents to solve problems and deliver the highest quality work.
· Collaboration: Believing in and act with positive intent to create an environment of trust and integrity.
· Excellence: Striving for excellence and call upon imagination to see hurdles as opportunities for growth and improvement.
TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The Designer is proficient in the following technology applications:
· Auto CAD
· 20 – 20 CAP
· CET Designer
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
The preferred Designer candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university or architectural or interior design school; up to two (2) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires working typically in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer/laptop, photocopies, filing cabinets and printers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours as established by the company. This position may be expected to travel to customer sites throughout Colorado and Wyoming during typical work hours and rarely overnight and weekends
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Workplace ResourceWhy Work Here?
We are a culture driven by collaboration, inspiration, exceptional service, and continual discovery.
At Workplace Resource, we seek to understand and hear our customer’s needs, so that we can, in turn, use our experience, insight, and creativity to tailor innovative interior solutions. Through this process, we create environments that comfort, inspire, and sustain.
5575 Tech Center DriveColorado Springs, CO
Arts and Entertainment