A&P Mechanics - Aircraft Mechanic
- Posted: 1 day ago
- $35 to $50 Hourly
In 1984, our client opened a full-service, first-class business welcome center. The need was established when the originator of the company network recognized that their customers and clients were stepping off of multimillion-dollar aircraft into facilities that were subpar and designed for maintenance and flight schools, not luxury. The solution was to create their own “aviation oasis”.
Our client’s dream is to be the Premier Worldwide, Industry Leading Aviation Service Provider. Driven by a shared passion, our client’s powerful, positive culture are a product of the love of aviation shared by our families of FBOs, our employees, and our guests. The company was founded and built by people who sense the excitement in every takeoff and landing, and whose ideal surroundings include the sights, sounds, and smells of aviation. The inspiration and driving force behind the company is the genuine passion for aviation and all things related to it.
Our client consistently delivers an exceptional level of personalized service. Their philosophy is simple: meet every need, promptly and professionally. They provide the highest level of award-winning service to aircraft, crew, and passengers and find innovative ways to care for the guests. They take every opportunity to demonstrate our passion for excellence and allow the guests to enjoy confidence and peace of mind.
Join our client’s legacy as they are seeking self-motivated, positive, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented individuals for an immediate opening as A&P Mechanic in their Houston, TX office.
What Is In It For You
Salary: $35/hr-$50/hr, depending on experience.
Benefits: Dental, medical, 410k, PTO, and sick pay monthly.
A Day In The Life of an A&P Mechanic
As the A&P Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing all facets of maintenance and repairs to aircraft by ensuring all aircraft is airworthy and that all technical aspects of the plane are documented properly. You will also be responsible for researching, interpreting, and applying technical data to the task at hand.
Responsibilities and Duties For The A&P Mechanic In Houston, TX
- Efficient performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections, small repairs, troubleshooting, and line maintenance on a variety of mid-sized jets, turbo jets, and propeller-driven aircraft.
- Work in a team environment under a Repair Station to the highest FAA standards.
- Annual Re-Current Training as required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must possess 5-10 years of experience in corporate aviation as an A&P mechanic.
- Customer focus-naturally outgoing/extroverted
- Communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by our insurance company (Requires clean driving record)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Products
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Bi-lingual preferred
- This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- This position works inside a hangar and outside in all types of weather conditions and has direct contact with both moving and non-moving aircraft. This position may be exposed to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, including but not limited to:
- Position requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition, frequent lifting, carrying weights up to 35 pounds, and occasional pushing/pulling weights up to 100 pounds.
- Possible exposure to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery
- Outside work in all types of weather conditions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a non-exempt position.
- This position includes shift work which requires working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays.
- No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- A & P Mechanic certification
- Prior aircraft ground handling experience
- High School Diploma
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Participate in DOT drug and alcohol screening program
If you are interested in the A&P Mechanic job in Houston, Texas, apply today!
This vacancy is being advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC. The services advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC are those of an Employment Agency.
Total Aviation Staffing, LLC
TravelView all jobs at Total Aviation Staffing, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?