- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mechanical Project Engineer
Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling and recycling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We work alongside our customers to provide innovative solutions to the aerospace, beverage can, automotive and high-end specialty markets.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 11,600 employees in 25 operating facilities on four continents and is investing close to $1.5 billion in global rolling and recycling expansions to meet the growing demand for our premium product.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Novelis Team in Lincolnshire, IL is seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer. You will use your knowledge of project management to plan and implement key capital projects, drive technology improvements, and provide engineering solutions that deliver productivity and improve operations within the Finishing Plant. In this position, it will be essential that you have great technical ability, a passion for new technology and excellent communication skills.
- Work safely, in compliance with all corporate, plant, local, state, and federal safety rules and regulations, and keeping abreast of current policies, procedures, ensuring outside vendors/contractors comply with the same. Investigate, develop, and provide recommended solutions for any safety issues related to plant equipment requiring field or project engineering as assigned.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, executing capital projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, including accruing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, overseeing quality control throughout the project implementation cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely field engineering technical support, communication and advice to managers and operating personal concerning the design, maintenance of equipment, and procurement of critical spare parts, in conjunction with assigned projects or a as part of process improvement tasks.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
- Communicate clearly project expectations to team members, contractors and stakeholders in timely and clear fashion.
- Build effective partnerships with plant personal through the implementation of capital project
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or related engineering field is required.
- 2 plus years of industrial experience, including planning, specification, and implementation of engineering design projects.
- Strong technical and process management skills are required in this position, with ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem-solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and find reasonable resolutions to situations on a case-by-case basis as encountered.
- Confidence to make decisions relating to role’s accountabilities.
- Exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed.
- Willingness to travel for training and meetings as necessary.
- Working knowledge of aluminum processes.
What We Offer:
Novelis benefits say a lot about how we care for each other. Our employees and their families have many different needs. As a result, our benefits offer choices on many levels and are high in quality, competitive in the marketplace, and affordable. These are a few of the benefits we offer to support you and your family’s well-being:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings accounts – Company Funded Health Savings Account (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Company-paid basic life insurance and Additional voluntary life coverage
- Paid vacation and competitive personal time off
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Retirement savings plans – medical and prescription drug coverage through private exchange
- Employee assistance programs – available 24/7 to you and your family
- Wellness and Work Life Support - career development and educational assistance
The finishing mill in Lincolnshire established in 1966 cold rolls aluminum to a desired gauge anneals to temper levels and slits the rolled sheet to size. The facility which employees around 100 people produces mill finish coil for the building and construction and transportation industries. Lincolnshire is committed to the local community through its ongoing volunteer initiatives with a number of local organizations
TRC Professional SolutionsWhy Work Here?
This role offers great benefits, culture, and advancement opportunities!
200 Schelter RdLincolnshire, IL