SCALE Engineering Intern: Radiation Effects and Analysis
- Posted: over a month ago
Science Systems and Applications, Inc. is searching for a Radiation Effects and Analysis Intern to support work at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD. The Radiation Effects and Analysis intern will be supporting various NASA programs and projects at Goddard Space Flight Center. This support will focus on assisting a senior engineer with development of test equipment and software specific to radiation testing of aerospace materials, as well as electrical, electronic, electromechanical, and electro-optic components.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Assist with development of test equipment and software specific to radiation testing of targeted components.
· Provide engineering support to electrical, electronic, and system issues.
· Assist with electronic testing, reliability and quality inspections, materials characterization, forensics, and failure analysis.
· Contribute to requirement definition, specifications, ICDs, analyses, and test plans.
· Contribute to component study assessments and recommendations.
· Eligible Field of Study - Electrical Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics.
· Minimum Credit Hours - 30 to 45 completed credit hours (Finished traditional freshman or extended Coop-based Freshman year).
· Minimum GPA - 3.0 (B or higher).
· US Citizenship required, must be able to pass a Government background investigation.
· Working knowledge of space radiation environment engineering concepts, radiation hardened electronics, electronics simulation, test, and modeling techniques to verify radiation environment conditions and predict component, box, and system level impacts.
· Desired Coursework - Computer Architecture/Digital Design, Digital Logic, Object Oriented Programming, Introduction to Programming, Electric Circuits/Analog Circuits/Digital Circuits, Physics, Digital Circuits and Systems Laboratory, Pre-Calculus/Calculus.
· Possess strong interpersonal skills, be adaptable to change and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work with a diverse group of contractor and Government employees, and possess strong organizational skills.
EOE, including disability/vets
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
SPACE SYSTEMS LLC
EngineeringView all jobs at SPACE SYSTEMS LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?