Day Program Specialist @ $20.44/ per hour with benefits
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
PROGRAM SPECIALIST -Arlington, VACommunity Services PROGR004991
- Posted: July 22, 2021
Arlington, VA 22202, USA
PROGRAM SPECIALIST -7:30am-4:30pm
MELWOOD VIRGINIA DAY SUPPORT SERVICES
Melwood’s Vision: A world where people with differing abilities are fully included
Melwood’s Mission: Melwood Advocates for and empowers individuals of differing abilities
to transform their own lives through unique opportunities to work and play in the communityKEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct support services to individuals with disabilities including coordination, development, and implementation of individual service plans based on person-centered planning principles.
- Provide monthly documentation of services in a timely manner consistent with regulatory and program guidelines.
- Develop and implement educational lessons, activities, and trainings that focus on skill development, career readiness, recreation, and on-going education.
- Assist management in the development of community relationships and community integration activities.
- Lead community integration activities, which could include driving participants to designated sites in the local area.
- Maintain all Melwood Virginia Day Support Services Program’s county, state, and federal regulations for human services providers including supervision ratios, mandatory documentation guidelines, and promoting a safe, ethical, and professional environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Program Manager, Melwood Virginia Day Support Services reports directly to the Program Manager, Melwood Virginia Day Support Services.
The incumbent must be able to stand/walk 80%, drive 10% and sit 10% of the work time. He/she must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach and must possess hand and finger dexterity. Must be able to effectively communicate with employees, supervisors and management. Must possess good hearing and vision as driving is a requirement.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to Melwood Virginia Day Support Services Programs OR a minimum of two years' experience in education, vocational rehabilitation, job coaching, or recreational therapy.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
750 23rd St SArlington, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Melwood
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?