Agile Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Agile Project Manager
In This Role, You Will…
Plan, lead, and organize agile project teams. Work through projects from white board to completion.
Be part of an exciting team contributing to transformative development of a new, innovative business line within a successful and growing enterprise. If you enjoy being creative and thrive in a results-oriented environment, we would love to hear from you!
· Lead and manage large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
· Play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, processes, tools, and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the team.
· In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, use good judgment and skills to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
· Use high level knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
· Define project scopes and schedules while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project statuses and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
· Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; mentor and develop team members.
· Support the Product Owners in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
· Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
· Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and make a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
· BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
· 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
· Agile Scrum or PMP Certification highly desirable
· Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
· Experience with Agile tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent highly desirable
· Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
· Experience with consumer lending and underwriting is a plus
· Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
· Demonstrated ability to understand business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
· Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
· Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
· Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
· Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, & Outlook)
· Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and notation skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Mariner Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran. Drug/Alcohol/Smoke-free workplace.
Founded in 2002 by a group of leading experts in the consumer finance industry, Mariner Finance was established to provide customers with creative, flexible, and convenient lending options. At the core of Mariner Finance is the principle that superior customer service is the driving force behind building lasting relationships.
Mariner FinanceWhy Work Here?
As a Mariner Finance employee you'll have the opportunity to foster your growth and development in an exciting fast-paced environment.
Who is Mariner Finance? Founded in 2002 by a group of leading experts in the consumer finance industry, Mariner Finance was established to provide customers with creative, flexible, and convenient lending options. At the core of Mariner Finance is the principle that superior customer service is the driving force behind building lasting relationships.
8211 Town Center DriveWhite Marsh, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Mariner Finance