Employee Benefits Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Account Manager
DEPARTMENT: Employee Benefits
REPORTS TO: Employee Benefits Operation Director
POSITION SUMMARY: The Employee Benefits Account Manager will manage and service the employee benefits programs for an assigned group of clients.
- Manage a designated book of business and the client service lifecycle of strategy, compliance, marketing, claims, and administration
- Primary contact between clients and insurance carriers. Provide best-in-class service to retain clients
- Assists Sales Advisors in the sales process to obtain new clients
- Manage client renewals. Negotiate terms and conditions with carriers on behalf of clients.
- Responds to Client’s inquiries and maintains documentation of Client communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions
- Supports implementation or transition of new/existing lines of coverage by setting up account, collecting documentation, and reviewing plan details with Client and Vendor
- Gathers and compiles employee benefits information from the Client
- Requests and collects quotes (new and renewal) from carriers as instructed
- Facilitates quotes, amendments, and reinstatements for requested changes as needed
- Communicates compliance/regulations to educate Client. Monitors Client Relationship Management system (Applied EPIC) to ensure data integrity
- Assesses and interprets benefit claims experience for the Client
- Collaborates with senior team members in selecting new markets for submissions and in obtaining proposals
- Analyzes quotes from carriers to determine appropriate recommendations for Client
- Creates client facing collateral and presentation materials for Client presentations and meetings
- Creates employee-facing communication materials for open enrollment and Client employee education needs
- Provides benefits administration support to Client’s Human Resources team
- Monitors annual commission levels and annual commission reports for accuracy
- Researches and communicates employee benefits industry trends
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must hold Life & Health insurance license for the respective state or be willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe
- Proactive participation in continuing education classes
- 2+ years of Employee Benefits experience required
- 2+ years of Employee Benefits Account Management experience preferred
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to self-check work
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment
- Keep informed regarding industry knowledge, new product information, legislation, coverage, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting, and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other MS Office products along with Adobe products
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, and multi-function printers.
- Starting Pay Range: $65,000 to $70,000 Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and qualifications
- Total Compensation = Pay + Performance Bonus + Benefits
CCIG OFFERS AMAZING BENEFITS: Affordable and comprehensive health insurance with plan options through Cigna and Principal for dental and vision insurance. Free parking and conveniently located near the Dry Creek Light Rail Station. A strong work life balance, with a 37.5 hour work week and an exciting summer time off program. A focus on community involvement, wellness for our employees, and continued education; paid volunteer time, gym membership reimbursements, standing desks, paid maternity leave, fresh fruit at the office, and great training programs both internally and externally through CCIG paid courses and designations classes. Competitive pay with performance bonuses. Dress for your day office environment and, most importantly, CCIG has a company culture that can’t be beat with a collaborative, supportive, and fun work environment!
This position has the ability to be fully remote.
BusinessView all jobs at CCIG
Get fresh Manager Employee Benefit jobs daily straight to your inbox!