2023 Tax Season Accounting Internship
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Boeckermann Grafstrom & Mayer, LLC (BGM) – Bloomington, MN
Entrepreneurial CPAs Serving Entrepreneurs®
BGM is seeking bright, motivated, and service-minded accounting students for our Tax Season Internship Program. We believe that internships during our peak season provide the most meaningful work experience, so our 2023 Internship Program will run from January 2023 through mid April 2023.
Our Internship Program is designed for you to assist and provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on gaining exposure to a particular industry. Throughout your internship, you will be partnered with team members in varying roles of the Firm to help foster your success, ensure your assimilation into the Firm, and provide you with ongoing feedback on your job performance.
As an Intern, you will:
- Assist with the detail work of audits, reviews, compilations, and other assurance services for clients;
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies;
- Support multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors;
- Prepare tax returns and reviews with the tax team;
- Complete tax related research and special projects as needed;
- Gain experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries;
- Expand industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
Based on performance, career goals, and business conditions, you could walk away with a full-time job offer.
Who is our Ideal Intern?
First and foremost, our ideal Intern will possess the ability to work with our Core Values at the heart of everything you do. These values are:
- Integrity first
- Service above self
- Concern for team members
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Quality and timely results
- Innovative and creative solutions
- Balance of life
- Caring client relationships
- Embrace change and constant learning
In addition, we are looking for Interns who are:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Accounting
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- On-track to graduate with 150 credits
- A Junior, Senior or high status
- Customer service minded, and have experience working in some form of a customer service role
- Able to work a minimum of 55 hours per week during the Internship
- Able to work effectively both on a team and independently
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Residing in the Twin Cities Metro Area during the Internship
- Under the mindset of “Work Hard and Play Harder”
- Food enthusiasts – we have lots of Firm sponsored meals and events
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
Who is BGM?
With locations in Minnesota and Florida, Boeckermann Grafstrom & Mayer, LLC (BGM) is a firm of Entrepreneurial Proactive CPAs and Advisors. We work with our clients to identify and develop their goals; to find creative ways to achieve those goals; and to provide innovative solutions to their problems through our auditing, tax and consulting services. At BGM, we appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit that can exist inside any business because it exists in our own. We understand what it takes to balance the details and risks with the dreams. We are CPAs and Advisors who truly understand the needs of our entrepreneurial clients – because we are entrepreneurs too.
In early 2017, BGM partnered with Bridge West LLC, a CPA Firm located in Colorado. Bridge West has been servicing cannabis clients since 2009 and is the leading Cannabis only CPA firm in the United States. We are one of the first public accounting firms in the world to only serve the Cannabis industry. We currently serve over 250 cannabis clients throughout the United States and continue to experience a significant increase in revenues as the Cannabis industry is growing exponentially each year throughout the US.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Seasonal CPA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.