Allegient Defense is an SBA 8a certified and a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing technically-oriented services from program management to advanced systems integration and engineering. We support Government and prime system integrators with engineering and management expertise. Allegient Defense helps clients with challenging Science & Technology, Engineering Acquisition, and Program Management Mission requirements. With a 90% Veteran Hiring rate, our staff quickly embed with clients, identify critical needs, and work relentlessly to accomplish the mission.
Allegient Defense is a leader in advanced technology research and solutions development, and we are growing quickly. We are looking to staff a Junior Aerospace Engineer to join us in supporting our client at the Office of Naval Research (ONR) here in Arlington, VA.
The Junior Engineer works on-site at ONR in the Naval Air Warfare and Weapon department and supports the Navy's power projection needs for technology development of naval aircraft structures, propulsion, autonomy, energetics, directed energy and electric weapons. The primary focus for the Junior Engineer is on the Science of Autonomy Program that addresses critical research challenges across the Office of Naval Research departments and warfighting areas. This involves different autonomous system domains that have traditionally been separated (air, sea, undersea, ground), including control theory, artificial intelligence, human factors engineering and related fields such as biology/animal behavior/cognition, economics/management theory, cognitive science/psychology, and neuroscience.
• Work directly with the ONR Program Officer on planning, control of the budget, schedule, and task execution.
• Interact with other organizations within the DOD, with other federal agencies, academia, and industry including senior military, government, and civilian personnel.
• Provide administrative support for the preparation of correspondence, presentations, reviews, reports, responses to Congressional inquiries.
• Organize, schedule, and coordinate program reviews and meetings with research performers.
• US citizenship and an active SECRET security clearance.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related technical discipline, from an accredited university.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in technical disciplines providing support for basic and applied research.
• Ability to work with a team of technical experts to accomplish complex tasks.
• Ability to communicate complex issues, clearly and concisely.
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Excel, and SharePoint.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact with senior leadership in government, military, industry, and academia.
• Ability to conduct online research and compile data to prepare professional quality briefs.
Why Work Here?Allegient Defense, Inc., an 8(a) SDVOSB, is a premier small business leader in science and technology offering unique capabilities and solutions across a niche set of domain expertise. Highly skilled employees enthusiastically deliver a variety of Federal Science and Technology (S&T) services ranging from research and development, design and engineering to specialized technology, program management, AI and machine learning. Allegient Defense is actively working to strengthen existing relationships and forge new ones with government, with industry, and with academia. The research and development program areas include the five theme areas of the S&T Program and serves the nation as an enabler of business innovation and technology transfer.
Excellent small business with a niche in supporting federal science and technology requirements which is focused on veteran hires!