Primary Therapist – St. Charles
Position Overview: The Therapist plans, directs and coordinates medically approved programs for patients in hospitals, substance abuse facilities, or other institutions. Inspires and motivates RCA clients and to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
· Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
· Help clients develop treatment goals and plans
· Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
· Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
· Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
· Teach families about addiction or behavior disorders and help them develop strategies to cope with those problems
· Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups
· Conduct outreach programs to help people identify the signs of addiction and other destructive behavior, as well as steps to take to avoid such behavior
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Must have a clinical certification as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor from the Illinois Certification Board or ICB[KWA1] [AM2]
· Masters Degree or PhD preferred
· Must be a licensed LPC, LCPC, LSW OR LCSW in the State of IL
If none of the above requirements are met during the hiring process, employee will be required to:
o Meet one of the above requirements within two (2) years after the date of employment
o Work under the direct supervision of an individual who meet the above requirements
o Sign and Adhere to the organization’s professional code of ethics
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
· Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
· Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
· Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
· Knowledge of case management for dual diagnosis patient.
· Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
· Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
· Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
· Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
By joining RCA, you are committing to helping millions of people successfully start and continue their recovery journey, supporting and educating their loved ones, and making a difference in the communities we serve.
RCA is proud to open our first facility off of the East Coast, in St. Charles, IL, and is looking for a leadership team which will continue the RCA mission into Illinois. The team at RCA is comprised of the most dedicated, compassionate, and hard-working people you’ll find, and RCA is dedicated to providing each team member a supportive career with meaning, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefit package.
Recovery Centers of America
Why Work Here?Recovery Centers of America (RCA) has one mission: Help 1 million patients achieve a life of recovery by providing evidence-based alcohol and drug addiction treatment in your neighborhood. RCA believes patients who are treated well get well sooner and stay well together, which is why we treat every patient with dignity, discretion, and respect.
If you're looking to make a direct impact on the lives of those suffering from addiction, Recovery Centers of America is your answer.
Saint Charles, IL