GSE Assistant Mechanic
- Posted: over a month ago
Our motto, "We are Ladies and Gentlemen, serving Ladies and Gentlemen", is evident in every interaction with our customers, co-workers, and team mates. We strive to find the best and brightest talent for each position within our organization, enabling the unique qualities of each individual to shine and compliment the entire team.
- Would others describe you as a resourceful person? Are you good with details?
- Can you anticipate events before they happen?
- Do you have an inner need to do things right in a timely fashion?
- Do you always live up to your commitments?
- Are deadlines and organization important to you?
- Do you believe service to the client is top priority?
- Are you able to build and maintain close relationships with co-workers and clients?
- Do you constantly check up on the mechanical features of your car?
Responsibilities and Duties
The Assistant Mechanic is primarily responsible for preventive maintenance on airport related equipment such as Fuel trucks, stair trucks, belt loaders, tugs, golf carts, power units, lav trucks.
- Oil and fuel changes on a variety of diesel and gas engines
- Hydraulic fluid servicing
- battery care and replacement
- Tire changes
- Belt changes
- Replacement of starters and generators
- Other miscellaneous minor repairs and adjustments
- Providing personal tools preferred.
- Self-starter who requires little supervision.
- Familiar with various preventive maintenance procedures.
- Use of multi-meter for diagnostics
- Ability to write legibly to complete forms/paperwork as required.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
This position works outside in all types of weather conditions and direct contact with both moving and non-moving aircraft. This position may be exposed to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, to include but not limited to:
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently
- Possible exposure to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery
- Outside work in all types of weather conditions.
- Position requires bending, lifting, walking, stooping, squatting, gripping and climbing a ladder.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an non-exempt position.
Expect 40 - 45 hours per week.
Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications
- Two (2) years on the job experience as a vehicle technician
- Ability to work evenings, weekends.
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Zero tolerance drug free employer includes pre-employment and random screening
Million Air is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Million Air