- Expired: January 18, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
IMPACT, a non-profit organization, offers a competitive pay with a benefits package for a client focus, part-time Data Specialist.
Since 1960, IMPACT has been serving Southeastern Wisconsin, helping people take the first step toward changing their life, for good. We assess and guide those experiencing personal crisis toward resources to achieve stability; and collaborate with community partners to foster system improvement.
Our role is critical. Critical conditions. Critical connections. Critical change.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a very important initiative here at IMPACT. We believe that the services we provide are enhanced when various groups of people with unique ideas come together. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to various issues in human services are particularly encouraged to apply.
Under the leadership of and reporting to the Senior Account Manager, the Data Specialist works with IMPACT staff and others in developing summaries and reports integrating data collected from customer contacts with IMPACT programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing reports and summaries from data collected from contact with IMPACT programs, integrating other data sets for reports to funders, stakeholders, program staff, fund development, marketing and communication, and others.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of quantitative data using MS Excel (data functions and formulas) and MS Access (and other software as needed).
- Assist in summarizing findings from quantitative data accurately and objectively. Assist in the interpretation of data in the context of the community. Contribute to written reports and data presentations.
- Assist in maintaining the schedule and delivery of reports by due dates for internal use and for distribution to external funders and stakeholders.
- Accompany and observe senior and program staff in project work with external stakeholders and/or community meetings.
- Follow and contribute to established process documents, supporting materials and timelines.
Teamwork and Partnership Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and implementing projects to ensure the production and delivery of high-quality work and timely completion.
- Actively participate in agency and project teams.
- Actively participate in and support the organization's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, with strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with data entry, working with databases and producing basic data reports.
- Ability to be an active member of a team, taking initiative, asking for assistance when needed and coordinating shared tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, funders, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and a wide range of work styles.
- Interest in and curiosity about social services and public health.
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK HOURS:
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, health sciences, political science, or a related discipline from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and data management; basic knowledge of other databases (e.g., MS Access). Knowledge of or interest in statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS) is desirable but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, and PowerPoint for report production and data visualization.
- Interest and ability to develop new data-related skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- While experience in these areas is preferred, the position will require acquiring basic knowledge of 211 services, non-profit and government agencies, diverse community groups, and/or consumers of health or human services
- Reside in the State of Wisconsin and within 50 miles of IMPACT
This is a hybrid position, generally works Monday-Friday from 9am-1pm; however, for training purposes the first 60-90 days will be fully onsite. The position will work, as necessary to achieve success, to coordinate work, consult with colleagues, attend meetings, participate in agency activities and events, and yet have the ability to flex work hours in order to complete the work.
BENEFITS (starts 1st of the month, following 30 days of employment):
•Dental and Vision
•Flexible Spending - Employees can make pre-tax payroll deductions for medical and/or childcare expenses
•Long Term Disability at no cost to the employee
•Life & AD&D offered at no cost to the employee
•AFLAC - IMPACT offers supplemental insurance on an employee voluntary contribution basis.
•401(K) Plan - Eligibility is after six (6) months of service and 500 hours.
•Paid Time Off (PTO) begins accruing with the first day of work for employees working 20 hours or more per week. This time can be used after the initial 90-days.
•IMPACT observes (8) Holidays - New Year's Day (including New Year's Eve), Martin Luther King Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day (including the day after Thanksgiving), Christmas Day (including Christmas Eve).
•Employee Assistance Program and other perks program
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: work at a desk, conference table and work at a computer, both for extended periods of time; see for the purpose of reading or observing employees; communicate so that others can clearly understand normal conversation; hear and understand speech at normal levels. The employee frequently is required to: walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds unassisted; drive to locations to attend meetings.
IMPACT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
TechnologyView all jobs at IMPACT Inc
Get fresh Packaging Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.