Sr. Process Automation Engineer
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With more than $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife's growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for people, the animals that supply us with milk, and the planet. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
The Sr. Process Automation Engineer continuously evaluates the plants processing, packaging and utility systems for reliability, total cost of ownership and effectiveness tracking and documenting areas of success as well as driving opportunity areas for improvement and growth. In fulfilling this role, the Sr. Process Automation Engineer works cross functionally with commercial, manufacturing, engineering, IT, quality, R&D, and other functions within fairlife, they will be one of the top liaisons for procuring new equipment while incorporating our learnings with new technologies and processes to improve quality, efficiencies, and speed to market.
With a focus on continuous improvement and innovation this role is responsible for:
- Defining the electrical and automation objectives of capacity expansion projects and overseeing the automation process design from milk receiving to finished product container to achieve lowest risk design at lowest total cost of ownership.
- Assisting in the developing and commercializing of new technologies and processes to improve quality, efficiency, and speed to market
- Review and update all electrical and automation functional specifications
- Review new and existing line/plant designs to reduce food safety risk and improve the overall efficiency and cost of operations
- Solving complex process problems following escalation from plants; manage the process of escalation with plants to ensure timely resolution
- Continuously develop process monitoring and situational awareness systems that enhance efficiency and reduce losses and total cost of ownership. Examples include design for extended run time, faster CIP turnaround, prediction of next CIP, energy recovery, water re-use, chemical re-use etc
- Define standards to improve the accuracy and efficiency of new and existing equipment
- Develop relationships globally in the dairy processing & automation industries to keep abreast of best-in-class performance of various designs
- Assure plant compliance to Federal, State and Corporate environmental laws, rules & regulations.
- Assure that the process complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, PMO, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Effectively collaborate and coordinate with plant & project engineering teams to ensure all project work is performed on time and within budget
- Support validation activities, review and execution of Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test (FAT/SAT) protocols from an electrical and automation standpoint.
- Document and clearly communicate the design intent of all aseptic filling equipment installed new and existing to the plants key stakeholders
- Provides verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- key role in supporting the organization for the commercialization of new products
- key decision maker in equipment vendor selection and contract negotiation
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in automation engineering and operations disciplines
- Bachelor of science degree in electrical, mechanical, computer, or chemical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of improving manufacturing processes through re-design, automation, and the introduction of new technologies
- Programming experience with Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix and SLC500 PLCs, Siemens, Mitsubishi, etc. Allen Bradley VFDs
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the National Electric Code (NEC) and international standards
- Proficiency designing and programming control systems with emphasis on PLCs, SCADA or HMI systems
- Proficiency with control system networking technologies and PC networking technology
- Proficiency working with SQL Server, Oracle, or other relational databases
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI preferred
- Strong attention to detail and business analytical skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and presentation
- Familiarity with instrumentation (flow meters, level transmitters, RTDs/temperature transmitters, level probes, etc.)
- Ability to handle ambiguity and thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to travel as needed
food safety requirements:
- Notify management of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system
position location: Coopersville, MI or Goodyear, AZ
reports to: VP of Process Technologies
travel: 25-50% depending on location - including some international travel
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ManufacturingView all jobs at fairlife, LLC
Get fresh Dairy Process Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.