- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Interaction with customers, vendors, and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Communication of work progress and significant issues with the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Prepare monthly financial analysis, including budget to actual and prior year
- Conduct variance analysis and be able to explain the “why” behind trends
- Prepare monthly analysis for audit compliance
- Provide variance analysis and research financial irregularities
- Provide analysis and assistance where needed with respect to monthly financial close
- Consolidate and analyze annual budget including analyzing consolidated budgeted balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Analyze financial information for current and future acquisitions
- Interpret data to look at past and future trends
- Participate in the development and maintenance of performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets
- Prepare financial analysis and commission calculations for charter business
- • Involvement in strategic planning process
- • Prepare ad hoc financial analysis as necessary
- • Assist with special projects as requested
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Self-motivated team player. Works well in challenging, fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail. Continuous learner.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to propose positive business solutions to complex problems. Comfortable working with large volumes of data and identifying and summarizing key themes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interface with senior management to communicate ideas and progress initiatives
- Financial experience at an Analyst level with budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and financial modeling.
- General understanding of U.S. GAAP including accruals and asset capitalization
- Proficient personal computer skills with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables
- Detailed and process improvement focused
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others when needed
- Solid organization skills. Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment
- Ability to complete tasks accurately within established timelines
- Ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to travel periodically to remote company locations
- Capable of handling confidential company information appropriately
Thomas Edwards Group
Why Work Here?Thomas Edwards Group is a Dallas-based executive search firm specializing in the direct hire and project placement of accounting and financial professionals in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We have been in business for 23 years and are consistently ranked as one of the top contingent fee search firms in Dallas (Dallas Business Journal). We’ve also been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” numerous times by the Dallas Business Journal. Our business is on the rise and we are looking to add a few top-notch professionals to our growing firm.
Great stable company, amazing culture and work/life balance!