- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$2000.00 SIGNING BONUS
We offer an Excellent benefit package!
Reports to: Vice President of Construction & Project Manager
1. Summary of Duties
Reports to the Vice President of Construction & Project Manager.. He/she is responsible for scheduling, coordinating and supervising craft employee activities. May involve supervising one or more trade groups (plumbers/pipe fitters, sheet metal, etc.) working in particular construction discipline (mechanical).
Daily job stress will run from moderate to extreme, based on such factors as the weather, site considerations, time constraints, and job needs. An average workday will be moderately stressful.
Representative job duties include:
· Plan and supervise craft activities - Includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual daily activities and job progress.
· Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
· Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
· Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
· Maintain liaison with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
· Evaluate and document work performance of assigned personnel.
· Perform additional assignments per direction.
2. Job Qualifications
· Possess a mechanical aptitude.
· High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and graduate of a post-secondary program of instruction of two or more years in duration completion of apprenticeship program or similar training program required. May require to be licensed.
· Minimum of five years supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required. Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups essential.
Have good oral and reading skills, including the ability to read and apply the project plans and specifications, and the manufacturers' installation instructions and clearly communicate with customers, suppliers, other CHC Mechanical employees and other trades.
Demonstrate an interest and initiative in maintaining his/her skills through a combination of self-study, company training, manufacturers' workshops, and other professional development activities.
· May require a current Tennessee operator's license and the ability to operate all types of vehicles in the corporate fleet within 30 days of initial employment. If applicable, incumbent must be insurable by CHC Mechanical’s current insurance carrier.
Have the ability to direct, organize and supervise work efficiently, given time pressures, non-standard schedule, extreme weather conditions indicative to job site location, varying customer needs and demands, and backlog constraints. Have the ability to accurately evaluate and document the skills and abilities of assigned personnel.
· Physical ability to:
· Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 60 pounds frequently.
· Possess good vision (either naturally or with correction).
· Must not have fear of heights (acrophobia).
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
CHC Mechanical Contractors, established in 1969, is an award winning commercial/industrial subcontractor! Our corporate office is located mid-way between Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee. Our primary market is the middle Tennessee area.
Visit our website at www.chccompanies.com to learn more about our company.
We offer a full range of benefits including FREE SINGLE HEALTH & VISION INSURANCE THROUGH BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD /dental/life/cancer/long and short term disability insurance plans, 401k plan, vacation, holidays, incentive programs, etc.
Not from our Area?
Interested in relocating to a Tennessee community that offers a great quality of life for you and your family? Visit the website for our local chamber of commerce to learn more about our community at cookevillechamber.com.
EOE/Drug Free Company
CHC Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
Get fresh Vice President Packaging jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.