Animal Medical Center Hattiesburg, MS
- Posted: January 31, 2017
"At the Animal Medical Center, we strive for excellence in pet healthcare,
while exceeding our client's expectations, in a Christ-centered environment"
Fast-paced, state-of-the-art, 24-7 veterinary hospital in Hattiesburg, MS, is seeking an outgoing, highly motivated veterinary technician with exceptional people skills to join our veterinary technician team. As the oldest veterinary practice in Hattiesburg, you will be representing a well-established veterinary practice committed to excellence.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF A VETERINARY TECHNICIAN?
As a veterinary technician you will continue to establish excellence in pet healthcare by:
- Answering multiple telephone lines with proper Animal Medical Center greeting, in a cheerful tone
- Directing phone calls to proper team members and ensuring messages taken are followed through
- Perform lab work, digital radiographs, treatments (some being very technical such as feeding tubes, urinary catheters, chest tubes, etc)
- Be able to assist in surgery or monitor anesthesia as needed
- Learn and utilize Cornerstone veterinary software for invoicing and patient records
- Work closely and respectfully with other team members in the veterinary practice to ensure a positive client experience
- Organize and maintain cleanliness in treatment room, pharmacy and exam rooms
- Educate pet owners about Animal Medical Center services and products according to the standards of Animal Medical Center
- Organize and be able to accurately record treatment and patient records
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
At Animal Medical Center, we strive to exceed our client's expectations by providing excellent service. Skills you would need for this position are:
- Excellent customer service skills both written and verbal
- Love people as much as you love pets
- Available to work on weekends, holidays, and closing shifts (till 8:00 p.m.)
- Access to internet to receive schedule and communication emails from Animal Medical Center
- Able to stand for long periods of time, be able to lift up to 50 pounds and more assisted
- Be a career minded individual looking for a profession in veterinary technology
Preferred skill is previous veterinary experience, however, it is not required
WHAT OTHER THINGS DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future
- Hourly pay is commensurate with experience
- The work schedule can be demanding: opening shifts, closing shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Dependability and being flexible is essential
- Benefits such as medical insurance, vacation, and retirement is available for full time team members
- Upon conditional offer of employment, you successfully complete a drug screen and background check
- Due to the number of telephone calls inquiring on application status, we are not able to return every phone call. Be assured that we review every application received. You will either receive a telephone call for a phone interview, an email inviting you to take an assessment for questions related to the position, or email referring to why your application has not gone further in the application process. If you do call about your application status, a message will be taken and forwarded to the proper personnel, however, a follow up phone call cannot be guaranteed.