This free Tour Guide job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Tour Guide to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Need to Hire?
Try ZipRecruiter: Let our matching technology find qualified Tour Guide candidates for you.Post Jobs for Free
Tour Guide Job Summary
We are seeking a friendly and professional Tour Guide to provide our guests with an exceptional experience while visiting our facility. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging visitors for the duration of the tour, sharing interesting facts about the history of our organization and answering any questions they may have. You will also provide helpful tips on other attractions or restaurants in the area that are popular among tourists to help ensure our guests enjoy their stay.
Tour Guide Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all guests promptly at scheduled tour times
- Outline the tour and timeline before beginning
- Determine if any guests have physical restrictions that should be considered
- Clearly and articulately provide information to guests in an engaging manner
- Answer any questions that the guests have
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of our facility and related topics
- Remain calm, friendly, and enthusiastic at all times
- Escort guests through the tour, taking breaks as needed
Tour Guide Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate or bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Significant work experience in customer service preferred
- Experience with public speaking is a plus
- Able to memorize and recite facts clearly and accurately
- Fluent in English; bilingual a plus
- Exceptional communication skills
- Basic computer skills, including email and word processing
- Flexible schedule