This free Roofer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Roofer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Roofer Job Summary
We are seeking a Roofer to assist with residential and commercial roofing jobs. In this role, you will install or repair roofs, removing old material and installing asphalt shingles, solar tiles, metal, or other materials. You will cut and shape materials to the proper size for each job, so applicants must be comfortable using hand and power tools. It is also essential to secure your tools in order to prevent building damage and maintain a safe work area. We may consider taking apprentices; hourly rate is based on experience.
Roofer Duties and Responsibilities
- Install or repair commercial and residential roofs
- Remove old or damaged material
- Install new materials, such as asphalt shingles, solar tiles, slate, or metal
- Cut and shape roofing materials to the proper size
- Follow all OSHA safety regulations
Roofer Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Prior roofing experience
- Familiarity with various hand tools, including shingle cutters and hatchets
- Physical stamina to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working at significant heights in various weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation