This free Pipelayer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Pipelayer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Pipelayer Job Summary
We are looking for a Pipelayer to join our construction team. In this position, you will be responsible for laying piping systems to carry a variety of different utilities. You will also help install pipes for septic systems and storm drainage. Our ideal candidate has completed an apprenticeship with an experienced pipelayer, but we will accept applicants with more generalized construction experience. You will use a variety of power and hand tools in this career, so you should have mechanical skills and manual dexterity.
Pipelayer Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints for the project
- Gather the necessary tools and materials
- Dig a trench or hole where the pipes will go
- Lay the pipes and connect them to the appropriate system
- Bury the pipes and clean up the job site
Pipelayer Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of an apprenticeship (preferred)
- Construction experience
- Manual dexterity
- Blueprint reading skills