This free Personal Care Worker job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Personal Care Worker to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Personal Care Worker Job Summary
We are seeking a Personal Care Worker to help care for homebound or bed-bound individuals and those who simply need routine care from a professional. In this position, you will help patients complete daily tasks, such as bathing, dressing, and cooking. You will also help them shop for groceries and personal items. In most cases, you will administer medication as well. Our ideal applicant has a certificate from a vocational school, but we are willing to work with any otherwise qualified individuals who have experience working with the elderly or other vulnerable populations.
Personal Care Worker Duties and Responsibilities
- Help your patient with daily tasks
- Transport your client to healthcare appointments
- Prepare meals for your patient
- Administer daily medications
- Help your patient go shopping for food and other items
Personal Care Worker Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Caregiver certificate (preferred)
- Experience working with elderly individuals or other vulnerable populations
- Valid driver’s license
- Caring disposition and excellent communication skills