This free Payroll Administrator job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Payroll Administrator to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Payroll Administrator Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced, motivated individual to join our company as a Payroll Administrator. As part of our team, you will coordinate all payroll activities, verifying hours and pay rates, recording all financial details in our payroll database, and disbursing paychecks and direct deposits. You will use your expertise in payroll processes to ensure accurate and timely disbursals, accurate recording of key information, and frequent internal audits to ensure reporting accuracy. Our ideal candidate has at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, accounting, or a related field. You should be familiar with standard payroll software and processes as well as possess excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Payroll Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all payroll processes
- Perform frequent internal audits to ensure reporting accuracy
- Disburse paychecks and direct deposits
- Record all payroll information in our secure database
- Ensure accurate pay rates and timely payments
Payroll Administrator Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, accounting, or a relevant field
- Prior experience in a payroll department (strongly preferred)
- Comprehensive familiarity with payroll software and processes
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- CPA licensure a plus