This free Package Delivery Driver job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Package Delivery Driver to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Package Delivery Driver Job Summary
We are looking for a Package Delivery Driver to pick up shipments and drop them off at our customers’ residents or places of business. In this position, you will load your truck at our shipment center at the beginning of your shift and drop off every package along your route. If you are unable to get to the customer’s door or they are unable to sign for a package, you will leave a notice and return the package to our facility. Our ideal applicant has a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and experience driving medium-sized trucks.
Package Delivery Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Load your truck at the beginning of each shift
- Deliver packages along your pre-set route
- Leave notices when you are unable to deliver packages
- Return undelivered packages to our distribution center
- Obey all traffic laws and safety standards
Package Delivery Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Clean driving record
- Experience driving delivery trucks and vans
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift up to 70 pounds