This free Order Selector job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Order Selector to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Order Selector Job Summary
We are looking for a hard-working Order Selector to work in our distribution warehouse. This job involves selecting items from our warehouse to fill orders at a high pick rate. As part of this function, you will build pallets of the selected items, then shrink-wrap and label the pallets for shipment. Our ideal candidate has prior warehouse experience or experience operating an electric pallet jack, as you will use this equipment to transport large orders to the appropriate area. You must also have basic reading skills to interpret work orders and select the proper items.
Order Selector Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick items from our warehouse to fill orders
- Build pallets, shrink-wrapping and labeling them for shipment
- Move pallets to the appropriate area
- Complete equipment safety checklists
- Assist with other warehouse tasks as needed
Order Selector Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Previous warehouse experience a plus
- Ability to operate an electric pallet jack
- Basic reading and math skills
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 60 lbs