This free Marriage and Family Therapist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Marriage and Family Therapist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Marriage and Family Therapist Job Summary
Our clinic is seeking a Marriage and Family Therapist to join our care team. Applicants should be certified or experienced in one or more modalities, such as structural family, strategic, systems, narrative, transgenerational, or communication therapy. Currently, we are seeking a professional who focuses on psychoeducation and relationship counseling. We may consider an AMFT who is pursuing their advanced credentials, but we prefer applicants who have a master’s degree and their MFT license.
Marriage and Family Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct intake assessments
- Obtain patient history
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans
- Document patient progress
Marriage and Family Therapist Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or behavioral science
- MFT license
- Certification in one or more treatment modalities
- Clinical experience (at least one year of post-licensure experience preferred)
- Bilingual communication skills a plus