This free Lot Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Lot Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Lot Technician Job Summary
We are seeking a Lot Technician to oversee the inventory of our car dealership. In this position, you will meet with transport trucks to help unload, log, and organize the new cars. You will also make sure that cars in the lot are clean and staged to appeal to our customers. When a vehicle needs to move to a different lot or go to the mechanic, you will drive it there. All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and a clean record. Experience as a detailer or mechanic is also beneficial.
Lot Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload vehicles from the transport truck
- Log and organize all new vehicles that come to the lot
- Keep cars clean and staged for customers
- Move cars between lots and to service appointments
- Track inventory as cars sell
Lot Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Detailer or mechanic experience (preferred)
- Computer proficiency
- Mechanical skills