This free Lead Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Lead Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Lead Technician Job Summary
We are seeking a Lead Technician to help us maintain our fleet of commercial aircraft. In this position, you will take on a leadership role, providing instruction for junior technicians as they inspect, test, and repair flight controls and other aircraft systems. You must have an FAA certificate as an airframe mechanic, and certificates in fields like powerplant mechanic or inspector are also beneficial. Our ideal applicant also has several years of experience as a technician, preferably with some leadership experience.
Lead Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly inspect aircraft
- Perform routine maintenance
- Oversee junior technicians
- Respond to service calls
- Troubleshoot issues
- Log all repair and maintenance activities
Lead Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- FAA airframe mechanic certificate
- Several years of aircraft technician experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Analytical problem-solving abilities