This free IT Support Specialist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced IT Support Specialist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
IT Support Specialist Job Summary
Our organization is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist. In this role, you will provide technical support to internal and external users, prioritizing and escalating helpdesk requests based on how critical they are to our business processes. In addition to troubleshooting network and hardware issues, you will configure new software and oversee application updates. Applicants must have at least an associate degree in information technology or computer science and experience in a technical support role.
IT Support Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to users
- Troubleshoot network and hardware issues
- Install and configure new software and hardware components
- Oversee application updates
- Monitor the network for potential threats
IT Support Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field (or associate degree and equivalent experience)
- Experience in a technical support role
- Familiarity with relevant computer software and hardware programs
- Experience working with various operating systems
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills