This free HVAC Service Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced HVAC Service Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
HVAC Service Technician Job Summary
We are seeking an HVAC Service Technician to install and repair heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in our clients’ buildings. In this position, you may install completely new systems in new buildings, which can range from small residential structures to factories, or fix systems in existing buildings during renovations. You will also respond to service calls from our clients. Our ideal applicant has a certificate from a technical college, and you should have already completed your apprenticeship. Experience with sheet metal work or another construction discipline is beneficial.
HVAC Service Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow blueprints to construct and install or fix HVAC systems
- Cut and shape sheet metal to the appropriate size for each installation
- Clean up your job site
- Respond to service calls for repairs
- Inspect each installation for safety or efficiency issues
HVAC Service Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Certificate in HVAC from a technical college
- Completed apprenticeship under an experienced HVAC technician
- Sheet metal or construction experience (preferred)
- Excellent physical stamina and attention to detail