This free Housing Specialist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Housing Specialist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Housing Specialist Job Summary
Our organization is currently seeking a Housing Specialist to help serve the needs of at-risk communities. In this role, you will interview applicants to determine if they are eligible for housing services and search for permanent housing options to suit their needs. You will also assist with the application process and provide resources or counseling. It is beneficial to build a network of landlords and building managers to consistently work with, so you should have strong communication and networking skills. Applicants who have experience working with individuals with mental health disorders, substance abuse conditions, or disabilities are preferred.
Housing Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview applicants for eligibility and to determine needs
- Search for permanent housing options that meet the needs of at-risk individuals
- Assist with the rental application process
- Lead workshops or counsel individuals about independent living skills
- Recommend additional support resources
Housing Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, behavioral health, or a related field
- Mental health experience preferred
- Experience working with at-risk communities, such as people who suffer from disabilities, mental illness, or substance abuse (preferred)
- Bilingual communication skills a plus
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation