This free Housing Case Manager job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Housing Case Manager to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Housing Case Manager Job Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual to join our non-profit agency as a Housing Case Manager. Our agency provides a wide gamut of services and resources to families and youth experiencing housing insecurity. As an integral part of our outreach team, you assist clients in navigating housing law, contesting evictions, and applying for state assistance programs. With the end goal of securing permanent affordable housing for every client, you interface with multiple public agencies, tenants’ unions, and community groups to build a future in which each client is not merely provided for, but empowered to live in and contribute to their communities.
Housing Case Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with displaced families and youths to secure emergency housing
- Assist clients in securing legal representation in contesting evictions
- Help clients navigate application processes for state aid programs
- Follow up with clients to ensure their continued success
- Interface with local community organizations and tenants’ unions to provide better resources to clients and assist with broader organizational efforts
Housing Case Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field
- Experience working with displaced, underserved, and vulnerable populations
- Experience in non-profit and community organizing spaces
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of what it’s like to experience housing insecurity a plus