This free Geriatric Nursing Assistant job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Geriatric Nursing Assistant to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Job Summary
We are seeking a Geriatric Nursing Assistant to help us provide care to our elderly patients. In this position, you will be primarily responsible for helping patients with daily tasks. This may include helping patients move or get dressed, administering medications, or feeding patients. Our ideal applicant is a certified nursing assistant (CNA). While these credentials are important, it is just as crucial that you have specific experience working with elderly patients. You also need to have good physical stamina, a caring and patient personality, and excellent communication skills.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Help clients complete daily self-care activities
- Administer medications
- Keep patient rooms clean and comfortable
- Talk with patients and provide basic companionship
- Assist nurses and doctors as necessary
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- CNA credentials
- Experience working with elderly individuals
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent physical stamina
- Caring and empathetic disposition