This free executive assistant job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced executive assistant to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Executive Assistant Job Summary
Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
Executive Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering phone inquiries, directing calls, and providing basic company information
- Comfortable performing clerical duties, taking memos, maintaining files, and organizing documents. Photocopying, faxing, collating, etc., as needed.
- Arranges travel, accommodation, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed.
- Plans/organizes and implements events such as meetings, business luncheons, or client dinners
- Manages executive schedule and acts as liaison for executive team
- Prepares reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintaining files, records, and correspondence for meetings
- Handles confidential information; organizes and maintains files
- Prepares information and research for executive needs
- May help plan company events, meetings, and employee team building activities or special projects.
- Trains, manages, and supervises lower-level assistants, clerical staff, and receptionists
Executive Assistant Skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role, manages team members, leads assistant meetings, and supervises when needed
- Answers phone inquiries, directs calls for executive team
- Able to perform all clerical duties, taking memos, maintaining files and confidential information, organizing documents as needed.
Executive Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field preferred
- Three to five years’ prior experience in mid- to senior-level administration, business, management, or related field
- IAAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or professional certification in office management preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to concentrate on multiple problems/tasks at once
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record preferred
Similar Job Titles
- Executive Assistants