This free Engineering Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Engineering Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Engineering Technician Job Summary
We are currently seeking an Engineering Technician to provide general support to our engineering team. In this role, you will execute written and verbal instructions provided by our engineers, primarily assisting with modifications. You will also perform tests and general inspections, making suggestions for improvement and noting any significant observations. In addition, you will be responsible for cleaning and calibrating the equipment you need to fulfill these obligations. Applicants should have an associate degree in math, sciences, or engineering technology as well as the ability to understand technical documents.
Engineering Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute written and verbal instructions from our engineers
- Review specifications for engineering plans
- Perform tests or general inspections, making suggestions or observations to engineers or project managers
- Clean and calibrate equipment
Engineering Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate degree in math, sciences, electronics, or engineering technology strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to read engineering documents and technical drawings
- Familiarity with Six Sigma techniques and tools a plus
- Math skills and computer literacy