This free Camp Director job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Camp Director to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Camp Director Job Summary
We are seeking a Camp Director to oversee both on-season and off-season operations for our recreational camp. In this position, you will spend most of the year making sure our facilities and programs are ready for the summer. You will schedule maintenance, hire seasonal staff, and help create schedules and curriculum for the upcoming season. Equally as important, you will oversee all marketing efforts to make sure that our camp has high attendance and adequate funding. Once the camp season starts, you will oversee day-to-day operations and handle any organizational or safety issues that arise. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in camp management or outdoor recreation. You should also have a certificate from the NRPA and several years of experience working with camp administration.
Camp Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule maintenance for the off-season
- Hire seasonal staff for the summer
- Distribute marketing materials to potential customers
- Develop recreational programs and curriculum
- Oversee day-to-day operations during camp
Camp Director Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in camp management or outdoor recreation
- Relevant certificate from NRPA
- Several years of camp administration experience
- Strong leadership and organizational skills