This free Behavioral Therapist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Behavioral Therapist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Behavioral Therapist Job Summary
We are looking for a Behavioral Therapist to help our clients overcome or learn to live with their psychological disorders. In this position, you will meet with new clients to analyze and test their mental state and identify any disorders. You will then utilize CBT and other techniques to develop a course of therapy. A major part of this job is teaching your clients tools and exercises to help them deal with their mental health issues. To qualify for this job, you must have a master’s degree in mental health counseling and an active state license.
Behavioral Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with new clients to assess their mental state
- Identify disorders or behavioral patterns
- Develop a course of therapy to address these issues
- Meet with your clients regularly to provide therapy
- Adjust treatment as needed
- Track each client’s progress
Behavioral Therapist Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in mental health counseling
- Active state license
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Experience with and knowledge of CBT and other therapy techniques
- Strong sense of empathy