This free Audio Engineer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Audio Engineer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Audio Engineer Job Summary
Our studio is looking for an Audio Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for the setup and break down of audio equipment, running cables, and testing microphones and other equipment to ensure they work properly. Our ideal candidate knows how to operate a variety of analog and digital mixing consoles and has managed sound in different types of venues. You must also be able to perform regular maintenance on the equipment and troubleshoot and repair problems when they arise.
Audio Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and break down audio equipment
- Run audio cables and check that they are connected properly
- Test microphones and other equipment for volume, tone, and clarity
- Operate mixing consoles, adjusting sounds and volume when necessary
- Evaluate equipment for maintenance or repair
- Make recommendations on equipment or software upgrades and replacement
Audio Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate; college degree preferred
- At least one year of experience in sound mixing or other audio management roles
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds and perform in a relatively loud work environment