This free Aircraft Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Aircraft Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Aircraft Technician Job Summary
We are searching for an Aircraft Technician to perform preventative maintenance tasks on our aircraft. In this role, you will conduct inspections to determine the airworthiness of an aircraft and troubleshoot any issues. In addition to troubleshooting issues with the engine and hydraulic systems, you will ensure the equipment and components are functioning properly. To qualify for this position, you must complete an FAA-approved training program or fulfill the practical experience requirement you need to obtain your A&P license. Other important skills are mechanical aptitude and the ability to read technical drawings. All applicants must be willing to take a drug test.
Aircraft Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues with various systems, including the engine and hydraulic systems
- Replace and repair parts or components
- Conduct inspections to determine airworthiness of aircraft, including equipment and components
- Complete proper documentation
- Assist with shift turnovers
Aircraft Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of an FAA-approved program or the practical experience requirement (18-30 months on power plants and airframes)
- FAA A&P license
- Aviation maintenance experience (2-3 years preferred)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Computer literacy
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working outside in various weather conditions