This free Air Traffic Controller job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Air Traffic Controller to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Air Traffic Controller Job Summary
We are seeking an Air Traffic Controller to help us keep the airspace around our airport safe. In this position, you will direct planes as they come in and out, communicate with pilots about weather conditions, and control the schedule of landings and take-offs. Our ideal applicant either has air traffic experience from the military or a bachelor’s degree in aviation and a certificate from the FAA’s Air Traffic Control Academy (ATC). You also need excellent concentration, strong communication skills, and the ability to function in high-pressure situations.
Air Traffic Controller Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate landings and take-offs
- Communicate with pilots about weather and landing conditions
- Control the schedule of air traffic
- Monitor the skies to keep the airspace safe
- Act as the point of contact between pilots and the airport
Air Traffic Controller Requirements and Qualifications
- Military experience or a bachelor’s degree in aviation
- FAA ATC certificate
- Excellent concentration
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure