Vocational Nursing Program Director-RN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Vocational Nursing Director member is directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives of the Vocational Nursing Program and ensuring program compliance with ABHES and TWC. The Vocational Nursing Director performs a variety of highly responsible complex and advanced leadership skills requiring knowledge of Nursing. The Vocational Nursing Director works under the direction of the School Director. The Vocational Nursing Director uses theory and practical applications using instructional methods and applying skills in and out of the classroom, clinical practicum, simulation and skills laboratory; tracking student attendance and progress; setting educational objectives for the students; continuing curriculum development to strengthen the curricula/courses taught; on-going mentoring students and faculty; retention; attentive to the continued needs of our students; obligated to continued self-improvement; and maintaining a satisfactory working relationship with our students, faculty, and staff. Participate in training, preparation, and continuing education in instructional methods and teaching skills.
- Ensure the Vocational Nursing program complies with regulatory and
licensing requirement of the Board of Nursing Education. Maintains
documentation to show compliance.
- Oversees several faculty members and entrusts the prescribed courses of study with established texts and/or prescribed instructional materials.
- Uses additional instructional resources such as guest speakers, field trips, films, interactive media and handouts to enhance the learning process.
- Holds conferences with faculty and students on a scheduled and as
- Maintains classroom in good physical order.
- Oversees faculty in classrooms at designated times throughout the day to oversee if all necessary materials are used.
- Responsible and accountable for supervising faculty and students in a
laboratory and/or clinical setting for respective course(s) taught.
- Apply classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms,
and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged
classroom experience to students.
- Instructors must ensure supplies are ordered on time, secured and order
what is required/ needed.
- Require constant growth and improvement in area of expertise and skills.
- Maintains, as priority, service and assistance to faculty and students -
including clinical placement, job placement and continue communication
- Serves on departmental and/or school committees upon request.
- Attends all faculty meetings, in-service programs, self-improvement
seminars/conferences and job fairs. Provides a doctor's excuse for any
meetings not attended.
- Participates in on-going faculty assessment and professional
development activities to ensure an active and engaging classroom for all
- Conforms to and supports all Valley Grande Institute policies and
procedures regarding students' life, attendance and academics.
- Ensure all faculty members are documenting grades and attendance
using required instruments on the same day. Grade tests/exams in a
timely manner and record on time.
- Ensure weekly lesson plans are maintained and oversee faculty members follow syllabi to maintain a pace to meet requirements.
- Handle confidential faculty and student information with tact, discretion
and in compliance with VGI regulations
- Oversee and monitor weekly outreach activities.
- Maintain customer service relations.
- Greet all students in a friendly, professional manner and serves as
- Participate in the development of daily reports.
- Participate in community outreach efforts.
- Participate as collaborator in School team meetings.
- Participate with other staff/faculty members with promoting events.
- Collaborate with other divisions in recruitment on student population.
- Generate and maintain constant communication with all departments.
- Complete reports as requested.
- Ensure that, when representing the school, appearance and language is always appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas
- Bachelor's in Nursing or Education or Administration or equivalent
- At least 5 years' experience in the field
- At least one year of full-time teaching experience in a nursing program or higher.
- Remains current with health care and nursing standards for the assigned course(s)
- Current expertise and knowledge of nursing specialty area(s)
- People oriented and results driven with the ability to communicate and
impart knowledge to others with enthusiasm and confidence
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, evenings to accommodate student, departmental and company's needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nursing: 5 years (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One locatio
Valley Grande Institute
345 S. Texas Blvd.Weslaco, TX
Get fresh LVN RN jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.