Senior Systems Engineer, MBSE Lead
- Posted: over a month ago
VIA Motors is a core team of specialists, engineers, and innovators. With a passion for sustainability and a drive to innovate, we are transforming commercial fleet and last-mile delivery and in doing so, changing the world along the way.
Our fully electric commercial vehicles are tailored to unique fleet needs. Each vehicle is optimized to its route, saving money and making the world more livable for all. Clean air. Quiet Neighborhoods. Less congested roads.
VIA Motors is looking for an experienced Model-based Systems Engineer to lead all aspects of the MBSE development process and mentor other Engineers. This role may include direct and matrixed reporting team members. This is your opportunity to join our growing team and be involved at the forefront of electric and hybrid-electric vehicle technology development.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- The successful candidate will lead the development of the Systems Engineering model within VIA’s MBSE development process.
- Mature and develop model frameworks and processes for capturing all parts of the Systems Engineering V within VIA’s MBSE ecosystem.
- Be the process guardian for MBSE tools, methods and ensure consistency of deployment across the product development enterprise.
- Mentor and coach both new Systems Engineers and experienced Engineers in the model-based development tools and processes for Systems Engineering.
- Integrate Functional Safety, Reliability, and Verification team members into the System model.
- Support other leads in efficient status tracking and reporting methods within the MBSE tool.
- Participate as a contributing technical team member within Systems Engineering team, with potential involvement at all steps of the System design V-Cycle.
- Communicate and share the System Model with all engineering disciplines and leadership, including fostering convenient feedback mechanisms for efficient iteration.
- Promote MBSE and it’s benefits to adjacent engineers and leaders.
- Integrate MBSE model into larger Model Based Design ecosystem at VIA.
- Actively contribute to and enable efficient knowledge sharing within the team.
- All work is peer-reviewed within the team. The successful candidate will be expected to review the work of others.
- Work within a well-defined process, and participate in process improvement activities including toolchain procurement, evaluation, selection, and deployment.
- Actively and diligently document work activities within VIA’s task management system.
- Provide inputs to project planning activities as needed.
- As agreed to with team manager, take leadership roles as needed by the team in any of the aspects above where the successful candidate has the right combination of knowledge, experience, and interest.
- Other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline (System, Controls, Mechanical, Electrical, Embedded Software, Mechatronics, etc.).
- 10 years or equivalent directly related experience, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Experience leading Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), the Systems Modeling Language (SysML), and associated tools (e.g., Catia Magic Cyber, Enterprise Architect, Magic Draw, etc.).
- Experience with a Requirements Management tool (e.g., Enovia, Rational DOORS, DNG, etc.).
- Electric (EV) and Hybrid-Electric vehicle (HEV, PHEV) systems development, verification, and validation experience a strong asset.
- Experience with top-down systems design methodologies and standards (e.g., Automotive SPICE, CMMI, DO-178B, etc.) an asset.
- Experience working within a tightly revision-controlled environment (using a version control tool such as Subversion or git) a strong asset.
- Experience participating in / leading system safety-analysis techniques (e.g., DFMEA, FTA, etc.) an asset.
- Experience in production automotive systems analysis, design, test, debug, or calibration: ECUs, sensors, actuators, CAN, embedded software, etc. an asset
- Experience with Model-Based Design (using the Mathworks toolchain: Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder, Simscape, etc.), an asset
- Experience with ISO26262 Functional Safety standard an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communicator.
- Team player who is easy to work with others. Comfortable working up and down the organisation structure.
- Combination of big picture understanding and vision with outstanding attention to detail.
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills – comfortable with both theoretical and practical issues
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Strong ability to document work.
- Able to prioritize tasks effectively and to communicate roadblocks promptly to management within a fast-paced environment where project / team priorities may shift.
- A curious person who stays abreast of the latest techniques and technologies.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Able and willing to travel within US and Internationally.
- Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents.
- Healthcare, dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement.
VIA Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status to all.
VIA Motors Participates in E-Verify
VIA Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VIA Motors employees or any other organization location. VIA Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
AddressAuburn Hills, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at VIA Motors